The Omni Dallas Hotel will be a 23-story, state-of-the-art hotel with 1,000 guest rooms, meeting spaces, ballrooms, restaurants, and retail venues. The hotel will have a convenient sky bridge access to the Dallas Convention Center and assist in increasing the number of conventions, tourism, and visitors to Dallas. The hotel tower keys over a podium consisting of approximately 80,000 square feet of meeting and ballroom space, a 720 car parking garage, two specialty restaurants, one three-meal restaurant, sports bar, a coffee and retail component, a full-service spa, fitness center, and rooftop pool. The City of Dallas is the owner of the hotel and Matthews Southwest is the developer of the project. The Balfour/Russell/Pegasus Joint Venture (BRP JV) is the design-build construction team directing the project, and Omni Hotels will manage and operate the hotel once construction is completed.
In order for this project to be a true community project, the Omni Dallas Hotel Project Team is committed to maximizing the utilization of local minority and woman-owned business enterprises (M/WBE) in the development, design, construction, and operation.
To this end, the Project Team has established key initiatives to maximize opportunities for M/WBE firms on the hotel project including:
- M/WBE Capacity Building Program – creation of mentor-protégé relationships between prime contractors and M/WBE subcontractors
- M/WBE Partnering Program – increase M/WBE opportunities with prime contractors through the creation of strategic partnerships
- M/WBE Public Outreach – project networkers and participation with M/WBE community chambers, associations, and events
- M/WBE Marketing – public awareness and marketing efforts regarding project opportunities
- M/WBE Certification and Technical Assistance – capacity building programs aimed at growing M/WBE
- M/WBE Compliance – reporting and verification of M/WBE participation